C-295 - Yaris Air Lifter....

A couple of days ago (Jun.16th) went to the airport for the afternoon traffic.
Was expecting to get some military traffic, in preparation for PoAF Celebrations 2010, that will be held at Madeira.
Not long after I arrived, "Snout 47" (Sqn.502, Elefantes - Elephants) entered the frequency and was cleared to runway 05.


Some nice winglex was noticeable....




The final was windy,,,,

They parked far away, on the apron but with an eye on my laptop and another on what they were doing, I noticed that they were unloading 1 Toyota Yaris...and then....another...after which still managed to get another more out....3 of them....Definitely didn't knew the 295 could carry all that....

For the take off decided to go to another location, behind the net, for the taxi and were I could get some nice perspective of the take-off...if they took-off on the "right" place...


Well....like everything else in life, spotting is made of choices...and this was a bad one...They took more than expected and the Austrian (OE-LNS) came in for the landing before their take-off...and me on the wrong place...
And then...they took off very, very, very early....Didn't see their exact take-off point but I guess they took around 300m...and passed by me quite high....
If I had stayed on my original location would have catched Austrian's landing and the 295 take-off from a great angle....oh well...

Heading to Porto Santo, 2000ft....

Comentários

Enviar um comentário

Mensagens populares deste blogue

Primeiras noturnas ao KC-390

Base Aérea Monte Real - Livro 50 Anos

Estreia do KC-390